I used to always get a bottle of perfume for Christmas and wasn I Fell In Love With Jo Malone
I've never been much of a perfume wearer. I used to always get a bottle of perfume for Christmas and wasn't too fussy about the scent and I usually forgot to wear it a lot of the time. This. Has. Changed. (queue dramatic music) If you're like me and when you're rushing to get ready you just throw on some deodorant and think, 'meh, that'll do,' well you might just change your mind when you smell THESE babies from Jo Malone.

I was first introduced to the world of Jo Malone when I worked in a department store and I would envy the customers getting massages and sampling all of their scents. I walked past the counter everyday going to work but I never took the plunge and got a bottle for myself. Thankfully for my birthday this year my Mum got me a voucher for the Jo Malone experience (how exciting?!) which included the hand and arm massage and a gift voucher for a bottle of perfume.

I turned up with my Mum and we were both given the massages and the sales assistant asked us about our favourites scents to get an idea of what cologne would suit us best. I tend to like quite sweet and fruity scents so she brought out some summery colognes for me to try. Let me tell you, it was SO hard to narrow it down to just one (and when you've smelt about 12 different colognes they all start to smell slightly similar). 
The sales person actually mentioned that you can mix certain colognes to create a new cologne on your skin which I think is a really cool idea. Jo Malone has such a wide range of colognes, from warm, dusky, wood scents to fruity, floral and light. I was torn between a more rustic scent and a sweet one so I asked her to use some of the woodier (is woodier a word?) body butter during the massage.

After a lot of deliberation I decided to go with the Wild Bluebell Cologne 100ml and the Mimosa and Cardamom Cologne 30ml. The Wild Bluebell smells absolutely amazing and is the perfect Spring/Summer scent. It's slightly sweet and floral and the ingredients are 'bluebells suffused with lily of the valley and eglantine, and a luscious twist of persimmon'.

Mimosa and Cardamom has more spice and wood tones and it's one of their best sellers. I find this is more of an evening scent but it's beautiful to wear all year round. The 100ml colognes are priced at £84 and the 30ml colognes are priced at £44 so they are a slight investment but they last really well on the skin. The scent doesn't fade and I can still smell it in the evening so it really lasts all day. I've used them quite a lot and the bottles are still full so I can see them lasting me a long time.

I'd love to know if you've tried out any Jo Malone perfumes and which one is your favourite? Emily x

Post a Comment

 
Top